Saturday, September 30th, 2006.
I’m exhausted, ill, and stressed. I’m just on autopilot, and feel terrible. Every weekday is like this:
- 7:00 Get up, get kids up, make breakfast, shower, get kids ready for school;
- 8:15 Get kids into car;
- 8:25 Drop kids off at school. I’m breaking the school rules dropping them off this early. They frequently get told off for it, but the staff have never said anything to me;
- 8:25 Drive 20 miles to work as fast as I can;
- 8:59 (Yes, exactly 8:59 everyday) Enter work and clock-on. Despite being management, I’m still docked wages if I’m more than three minutes late;
- 9:00 Work in a place that I hate. My staff hate me (except for Emily, who’s wonderful), management hate me, most of the other staff hate me;
- 12:00 Work through my lunch. I’m not allowed a lunch break, as I need to leave 30 minutes early. I know this is illegal, but I need to leave at 5pm;
- 17:00 Clock out. Drive 20 miles to the school as fast as I can;
- 17:30 Collect Natalia and Jack from the after-school club. Lateness can incur a fine, persistent lateness can mean a ban!
- 17:35 Cook dinner (I refuse to do microwave dinners), homework, baths, laundry, tidying etc;
- 20:00 Start work. Designing websites, flyers, posters etc. I don’t always have this work to do, but it’s better than being bored. I’d love to work for myself, doing this full time, and tell those bastards who I work for to get stuffed;
- 0:00 Bed.
And I’m poorly. It’s like ‘flu- headaches, blocked nose, sore throat, cough… Every day I use nearly half a roll of toilet paper at work just blowing my nose. I used to get this before I split with Katrina, although not as severe, and I’m usually ill for about three weeks a month. The doctor’s run all sorts of tests in the past, but to no avail. I’ll go and see him again for the usual dose of antibiotics, which won’t work. They never do.