What lurks beneath the bed? | Single Dad's Diary - The secret diary of a single parent dad

• September 2007
  • November 2006
  • October 2006
  • 2007
  • 2006
  • 2005
  • 2004

The secret diary of a single parent bloke

What lurks beneath the bed?

Uploaded: Friday, May 28th, 2010

Saturday, June 11th, 2005.

After the shock at finding the credit card bill, I was understandably worried about what else I might find. But even after all of that, I still wasn’t prepared for what was under the bed.

My efforts to tidy the house continue- it’s looking so much better, but I can’t believe how much work there is still to be done. I think the guys at the tip must be starting to recognise me by now. I’m not tackling it an any particular order- just a corner here, a cupboard there, and so on.

For no particular reason, I decided to look under the bed. I pulled out the usual piles of magazines, bills, bits of paper, bills, general rubbish, bills, and….. a nappy. A soiled nappy. Jack had been out of nappies for a while (and Kat’s been gone since March), and from the state of the dried poo, it had been there a while too. I can only imagine how contorted with disgust my face must have been. I put it in a bag, washed my hands, and carried on pulling junk out.

And then I pulled out… another soiled nappy! One was bad enough, but two? Again, I put it in a bag, washed my hands and carried on.

There were quite a few clothes under the bed, mainly the children’s, but a significant amount of Kat’s too. I pulled out a pair of her pyjama bottoms, and found inside a soiled sanitary towel! The nappies were bad enough, but this?

What kind of woman leaves a used sanitary towel in her pyjamas and then leaves it under the bed? And how could I not know about these things beneath where I’d been sleeping? Why had I not smelt the nappies?

I thought that nothing that she’d done could shock me any more. I was wrong.

Your Comments

Comments (9)

9 Responses to “ What lurks beneath the bed? ”

kay commented at 10:37 am on May 28th, 2010

that is truly disgusting!!! i think she needs therapy…you poor thing having to deal with that (((hugs)))) xx Kay

Chic Mama commented at 12:47 pm on May 28th, 2010

Eeewww….amazing how we think we know someone and then…??

Vickicb commented at 1:08 pm on June 1st, 2010

That is totally gross! I bet you wanted to take a few days off and gut the entire house after finding that. How could she let it get into such a state? Words fail me……

miltoft - names have been changed to protect those with some humility lol commented at 7:35 pm on June 1st, 2010

Just found this site and you’ve made me proper out loud chuckle – so nice to know that others have lived the “journey” and are coming out the other side. Just signed up to your twitter account – you think you know someone but actually its all a farce/ black comedy. Keep upating I cant wait!

sabbieb1980 commented at 10:20 pm on June 1st, 2010

Shock…disgust..gobsmacked…shock!

How can anyone do something like that? It’s just unbelievable! I don’t think this is normal behaviour at all!

JulieB commented at 10:26 am on June 2nd, 2010

OH. MY. GOD.

BendyGirl commented at 10:24 am on June 5th, 2010

When I was still living at home my brother’s girlfriend would do this kind of thing. For reasons I’ve never been able to fathom she’d leave her used tampons on a shelf adjacent to the toilet. As if that weren’t disgusting enough she was helping herself to the tampons I was buying to leave them around!!!

Taylor commented at 1:34 pm on June 19th, 2010

Helen commented at 10:24 pm on October 6th, 2010

I have to tear myself away from reading to comment on this one…it’s shocking!!! what a disgrace! I bet that was all the evidence you needed, to know you had done the right thing by slinging her out. What a fascinating blog.